The inaugural Sileby Drawing Festival took place across the village of Sileby, located in the Soar Valley between Leicester and Loughborough from 26-29 October 2016. Celebrating the art of drawing, and encouraging all ages and abilities to get creative, it offered free, drop-in activities during one week. I was asked to provide marketing and PR support. During the project I undertook the following:
- Compiled and issued a press release, aimed at short-lead regional press, arts and what’s on media.
- Researched and sent information on the festival to local groups.
- Managed the festival’s Twitter and Facebook accounts. Created content to increase engagement online.
- Provided updates and key information for audiences online in the run up and during the festival.
- Advised on the use of Facebook advertising.