Flatpack Film Festival
From February to May 2016, I worked as Marketing and PR Manager for the tenth Flatpack Film Festival. I have worked with Flatpack for seven festivals (2010-2016) on their marketing and regional press campaigns. Taking place from 19-24 April 2016, the festival also celebrated its tenth year this year.
An annual festival taking place across Birmingham, the tenth edition was a packed week of screenings, performances, installations, workshops and happenings. Highlights included screenings in a giant inflatable in Victoria Square, a celebration of Birmingham’s movie-going history and a performance from Pierre Bastien.
- Ian Francis, Director, Flatpack Film Festival.
For the tenth festival from work included:
- Managing and monitoring the festival’s social media presence.
- Monitoring pre-sales and adapting the marketing plan accordingly
- Main contact for national PR agency, providing information as required for the national press campaign. Assisted with visiting press during the festival. Managed regional press campaign.
- Fed into the compilation and production of print material; including the festival brochure and pocket guide.
- Oversaw print distribution before and during the festival maximising the potential for visibility and readership.
- Ensured the festival was adequately and effectively documented.
- Reviewed and implement methods and processes for collating feedback and audience data.
Image courtesy of Jack Spicer Adams.